The top four elements to a proper fitting bra! Keep these in mind while bra shopping and analyzing the fit of your current lingerie collection.
a. First, clasp the band on the loosest set of hooks. When at this position you should only be able to pull out the band approximately ½ inch from your back before feeling strong resistance from the band. This is an incredibly important element to a supportive bra because the support stems directly from the snug band. If you are relying on the straps to hold up the breasts this can cause strain on the shoulders and your bra will not be doing its job. The band must be tight (often tighter than you are used to) in order to provide adequate support to the breasts.
b. The next element is the underwire. This is one of the most important aspects of fit because improper fitting underwire can create a very uncomfortable feeling and often deters people from wearing a bra with enough support. The underwire should lay flat against the chest bone in the center and then go all the way around the breast tissue. If you press in on the sides of the underwire (under your armpits) it should not press into the breast tissue at all, but be completely cupping everything. If the underwire is not laying flat in the center or completely cupping the breast tissue, you must go up only in cup size (not band size) to achieve the perfect fit.
c. An obvious problem that may occur with different bra styles is when the actual material at the top of the cup is pressing into the breast tissue and creating a lump when worn with a tightly fitted top. This should not happen if the underwire is completely cupping the breast tissue, but alas the human body is never completely the same from person-to-person. Often this issue can be relieved by simply loosening the straps and releasing the tension against the breast tissue. However, if it is still a problem, moving up in the cup size until it disappears will work as well.
d. Finally, the straps must only be tight enough to not fall off of the shoulders. If the straps are putting pressure on the shoulders, they are working too hard and more of the support needs to be transferred to the band as mentioned before.
Please feel free to contact your Adore Me stylists for more personalized assistance with bra size measurement and proper fit at 1.800.433.2367 Monday – Friday 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. (EST).
Steps to finding the correct bra size:
1. Take a tailor’s measuring tape and measure the circumference around the body, directly under the breasts (this measures the band size and the tape measure needs to be parallel to the floor all the way around the body). This measurement needs to be as small as possible, hold your arms to your sides and pull the tape measure tightly to the nearest even number. Record measurement and add accordingly to reveal your band size.
If the measurement is even, add 4”
If the measurement is odd, add 3”
2. Now measure the circumference around the fullest part of the breast, keeping the tape measure parallel to the floor and the tape measure loosely held (this will measure the cup size). Take this measurement while wearing an unlined, unpadded bra for the most accurate results. Record this measurement on paper.
3. Now take the band size (not your original measurement) found in step one, subtract this number from the measurement found in step two. Each inch represents one cup size and the difference represents the cup size found on the following chart.
4. Now, no measurement process is fool-proof since there is not one standard figure for all women. The best thing to do is try on the size that you have measured for yourself or your best fitting bra and confirm that several key components are fitting correctly on your specific body type.
Stay tuned for next week’s post where the several key components will be outlined in detail!
The summer season brings out the kid in each of us. Don’t let the quick summer months pass by without celebrating life to its fullest! Here are some fun little ideas to get you started:
- Have a picnic lunch with a wicker basket and lovely finger food
- Throw a BBQ for all of your closest friends
- Take one day to yourself and finish the book you’ve been working on all year
- Take a relaxing bike ride tour through wine country
- Go running through sprinklers
- Make some homemade fruit popsicles
- Set off fireworks for the 4th of July
- Visit the closest beach or riverbed and spend all day in the sun and water
- Take off of work early and catch a happy hour with friends
- Camp out one night in a tent, even if it is just in your front yard
- Hang your sheets out to dry in the fresh summer air
- Wake up early at least once to see the sun rise
- Eat a slice of watermelon and embrace the messy juice
- Take a day trip to your local amusement park or county fair
- Watch the sunset with someone special
- Have a spontaneous waterfight
- Tackle that hike you’ve always wanted to experience
- Take a midnight swim (clothing optional)
- Make a fresh fruit salad for dinner
- Spend every minute with the ones you love
- Sunscreen: The number one summer wardrobe essential is a light coat of sunscreen to start out your day. Proper care of your beautiful skin will last a lifetime, where other trends come and go year by year. The Clinique collection of sunscreen products always have your best skin in mind!
2. Hi-Low Shirt Dress: The hi-low skirt has taken over the current fashion scene, perfect for accenting your lovely summer glow. Combining this trend with a shirt dress and the hot teal color creates the ultimate summer dress. This particular item can be found at Forever21.
3. Color Block Wedge: What better way to follow the color blocking trend than to spice up your footwear. These wedge sandals give you an attractive amount of height without completely impeding on your ability to walk. Pick up a pair and add a splash of color to any outfit.
4. Bangles Bangles Bangles: Polish your look with an arm full of bangles. The bright color and sensual clink of metal will easily complete your best summer look.
5. Bandeau Swimwear Top: The classic bandeau top provides the perfect way to achieve an even color across your shoulders. Kiss your tan lines goodbye and embrace the ultimate summer glow. This lovely set can be found on our website at http://www.adoreme.com/candice.html and will complete your summer wardrobe!
You can serve these dairy-free fruit-flavored ices together, as we did, or on their own. Either way, they’re sure to be gobbled up quickly — just watch out for brain freeze!
- 4 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup white grape juice
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
Blueberry Ice: In a blender or food processor, combine the blueberries and grape juice and pulse until mixed, about 30 seconds.
Working in batches, strain the mixture into a medium-size bowl through a medium mesh strainer. Add the maple syrup, lemon juice, and salt to the bowl and stir to combine.
Transfer the mixture to a 9- by 13-inch pan, cover it with plastic wrap, and freeze it for 1 hour. Remove the pan and scrape the mixture’s frozen edges into the center with a fork. Freeze it another hour, then scrape the ice crystals into the center again. Return the pan to the freezer for at least 1 more hour, or overnight. If the mixture is too firm to scoop when you’re ready to serve, scrape it to loosen the crystals. Makes 4 cups.
Lemon Ice: Bring the water, sugar, and salt to a simmer over high heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
Pour the liquid into a 9- by 13-inch pan and let it cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
Cover the mixture with plastic wrap, then freeze and scrape as you did for the Blueberry Ice. Makes 3 cups.
Per serving of blueberry or lemon ice (1 cup): Calories 232 ● Total Fat 0 g (0% DV) ● Saturated Fat 0 g (0% DV) ● Cholesterol 0 mg (0% DV) ● Sodium 77 mg (3% DV) ● Total Carbohydrate 60 g (20% DV) ● Fiber 2 g (7% DV) ● Sugars 53 g ● Protein 0.7 g (1% DV) ● Vitamin C (45% DV)
Percent daily values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The winner of our giveaway is Lori Brake! Congratulations!Thank you all for participating!
Hello, ladies! Adore Me wanted to figure out a way to thank you for being faithful and supportive, so we are hosting our very first giveaway! The winner will receive the lingerie set or baby doll that she loves most from Adore Me.
To enter, you must do each of the following:
1) Comment on this post leaving a link with the product you love most from Adore Me.
2) Like us on Facebook.
It’s as easy as ABC , right? Looking forward to seeing your entries!
* This contest is open to international readers - everyone is welcome!
* All comments will be numbered and the winner will be picked using Random.Org.
* The winner will be announced by April 28th, 2012, on http://adoremeofficial.tumblr.com/
* Entries must be submitted no later than 11:59:59 EST, April 27th, 2012.
Mango Lassi Pops
Mango Lassi Pops
1. Blend all ingredient in a blender or a food processor until smooth. Pour into paper
cups and insert wooden spoons or popsicle sticks. Freeze for 6 hours, or overnight.
2. Peel off paper to serve.
Pack up your suntan lotion, swimsuit and a nice straw hat…we’re heading for spring break and all the top destinations include sunshine, beaches and relaxation.
#1= Miami Beach
Classic spring break location for college students across the US. Spend your days on the beaches for a little R&R and nighttime at the fabulous nightclubs and bars fludded with other students with the same agenda. To blow off some steam from the challenges of school!
Three reasons sum up the Cancun experience: cheap accomodations, endless stretches of gorgeous beaches and a laid-back nightlife. This sunny location ensures plenty of gorgeous weather, restful days and relaxing nights.
White sandy beaches and brilliant sunny weather make this the perfect spring vacation destination. Take advantage of the multiple day excursions for any interest: fishing, snorkeling and scuba diving! You will achieve the perfect combinaton of relaxation and activity to refresh your battery after the dreary winter months.
Sunday brunch with friends and family is the perfect way to celebrate the week! Take the stress out of hosting and make this simple, delicious 5-minute prep-time brunch cake. You’ll wow your guests and yourself!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups sugar ( add in more for a sweeter taste)
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla (optional) or 1 -2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large eggs (optional)
- ½ cup brown sugar ( can use more or less)
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup melted butter
- chopped walnuts (optional) or pecans (optional)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish, or two 8 or 9-inch round cake pans (although the batter will seem like it will fit into only one 8 or 9-inch pan, this flop rises very high and will run over the sides if baked in just one pan).
- In a bowl mix the 2 cups flour, 1-1/4 cups white sugar, milk, vanilla or almond extract, baking powder, pinch of salt and egg (if using) until just combined careful not to overmix.
- Pour into prepared baking pan/s.
- Generously spread brown sugar and cinnamon on top
- If desired sprinkle chopped walnuts or pecans over top.
- Drizzle melted butter over top
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes for 8 or 9-inch round cake pan, and about 30 minutes for a 13 x 9-inch pan.