Sunday brunch with friends and family is the perfect way to celebrate the week! Take the stress out of hosting and make this simple, delicious 5-minute prep-time brunch cake. You’ll wow your guests and yourself!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups sugar ( add in more for a sweeter taste)
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla (optional) or 1 -2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large eggs (optional)
- ½ cup brown sugar ( can use more or less)
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup melted butter
- chopped walnuts (optional) or pecans (optional)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish, or two 8 or 9-inch round cake pans (although the batter will seem like it will fit into only one 8 or 9-inch pan, this flop rises very high and will run over the sides if baked in just one pan).
- In a bowl mix the 2 cups flour, 1-1/4 cups white sugar, milk, vanilla or almond extract, baking powder, pinch of salt and egg (if using) until just combined careful not to overmix.
- Pour into prepared baking pan/s.
- Generously spread brown sugar and cinnamon on top
- If desired sprinkle chopped walnuts or pecans over top.
- Drizzle melted butter over top
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes for 8 or 9-inch round cake pan, and about 30 minutes for a 13 x 9-inch pan.